Friday, February 5, 2021

Rita's Vintage Buffet Project: Chapter 5

I touched up all the chipped spots in my primer paint...but now, my confidence about using any-old-paint I had laying around the house has been shaken. Kathy Keefer has painted EVERY SINGLE THING in her house (including her countertops) -- and she highly recommended Dixie Belle Chalk Paint.  So, I went to Amazon and ordered some black chalk paint...which I will put on the top of the buffet -- and the sides.

But -- for the drawer fronts -- I want to salvage the work I've already done.  The question is -- what will this cheapo paint do with a finish coat of varnish?

I was pleased with the abstract paint job.

But, I realized three abstract drawers would look too busy -- so the middle drawer will be zebra (tomorrow's post)

To TEST the finish coat of varnish -- I painted a scrap piece of wood with the primer paint, then the craft paint...

I may decide to add some black lines -- or words -- and I would use a Sharpie marker to do that...so I wrote some random words, using a sharpie...to see how they will be affected by the varnish.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes Sharpies do smear when a clear coat covers them. But yours appears to look ok. Can hardly wait to see the drawers back in place!

    ReplyDelete