Thursday, February 18, 2021

My New Hard Boiled Egg Plan...

This post is for you, Eileen....DO YOU REMEMBER this moment...in your kitchen??  To this day, I've never laughed harder in my life...

The other day, I was having a little pity party and I did what I often do -- I went into a thrift store.  When I saw the Eggstractor -- I actually laughed out loud.  And I needed that...

The "eggstractor"...worst invention EVER. (and you can still buy it!)

That same day -- this article zipped across my Facebook page.

It's all about how to make the PERFECT hard-boiled egg.  Apparently,if you do it right -- the eggs will be so easy to peel, you won't need an Eggstractor...

 We all get in a rut sometimes, and it's good to try NEW WAYS to do things. (and, hey, not everything works out). 

Years ago, Rachael Ray told me to put the eggs in cold water, bring it to a boil, and set it off the heat for 10 minutes.  Turns out, my preferred method wasn't one of the BEST options...

Here's the article...and it is gonna change the way I take care of my hard-boiling-egg-business...

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/we-tried-7-ways-to-hard-boil-eggs-and-found-a-clear-winner?utm_source=pocket-newtab 

Sometimes, you need to simply focus on the little things.....

****

John got home yesterday, and it went about as well as can be expected.  Fingers crossed...

2 comments:

  1. I've been seeing a commercial on TV for a hardboiled egg microwave cooker. I just said nope...especially when it supposedly peels them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the egg tips. You reminded me that I needed to boil a few eggs. Thank you. 🦊 I'm glad John is home. I think of you both often. Please take care. 🌻

    ReplyDelete