Monday, February 15, 2021

Rita's Vintage Buffet Project

THANKS for having an opinion about the doors on the side of my buffet. The more I looked at it -- the more I thought it needed black doors...


BUT THEN -- YOU MADE ME THINK.  And I loved receiving emails with your various design ideas.  IT WAS SO MUCH FUN...and, honestly, you've changed my mind.

Kathy -- you were not the only one who thought I should paint the doors white....Lorna also suggested white, along with Pauline, Sara and Chris.

There were 17 votes for black...Sally not only favored black doors, she let me know she's looking for a co-op in her area. (Here's an idea, Sally -- MOVE TO IOWA)...

Marilyn said: I would use pink with some white on the left side door and blue with some white on the right. The zebra looks fantastic.

Carol: Orange for one and blue for the other. or which colors you like best.

Roberta
I would split the side doors with 1/2 shiny black on the top and half shiny white on the bottom. and reverse that on the other side 1/2 shiny white top 1/2 shiny black bottom. Or may even to 1/2 square big triangles of black and white on side doors.

Laura wrote: My idea for the side doors on your buffet: 
- starting at the sides closest to the drawers, do a green vertical stripe
- in the middle of each, do a blue stripe
- on the outer ends, do a pink stripe
- paint the knobs black
 
Anne and Sarah even sent a sketch:


Nancy thought I should leave the doors in their natural state -- and add some kickin' dramatic funky knobs... 

I haven't made up my mind yet -- but I've been doing a lot of sketches.  And I don't think they'll be black -- and let me assure you -- I have considered every single suggestion. 

SO MUCH FUN, RIGHT??  Thanks for playing my game....

But -- I may not get to it this week -- because THIS HAPPENED...

John fell in the bathtub Saturday morning...I called #911...he's still in the hospital....and he tested positive for Covid.

Crap.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Lord, Rita. When it rains it pours. You're having a monsoon. Take care of you, you're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with cheryl! He has folks taking care of him, you take care of you. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well CRAP is right. Take care of you. Be careful if you have to venture out. Prayers he recovers quick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! Prayers for John and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry that John fell and I will be praying for his speedy recovery and for your good health!

    ReplyDelete