Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Rita's Vintage Buffet Project: Chapter 2

Okay...Iwant to do this right. I LOVE this old buffet, and it houses so many important things in my home. I could be from the 60's...or even the 40's...gheesh...maybe it was born the same year as me!! I LOVE THINKING ABOUT THAT...
Anyway -- this old girl is about to start a NEW CHAPTER in her life...
With some 60 grit sandpaper, the old finish came right off...and I was down to the beautiful blonde wood...
I had a gallon of this paint.  So, in the interest of USING CRAP I ALREADY HAVE -- I used it to prime the three drawer fronts.
The "white" paint dried as off-white. But that's perfect -- and will go with my rug...

 

Because I want to do an EXTRA GOOD job -- I applied three coats of the primer...Oh, yeah, this is gonna be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment