Wednesday, February 24, 2021

MY BAD....(silicone cutting board disaster)

Recently, I had a KITCHEN DISASTER...

My trusty cast iron frying pan was sitting on a burner...and I placed my favorite white cutting board on top of it I thought the burner was turned off....But, alas -- the burner was actually turned ON...and the silicone cutting board melted onto the skillet...

It was GLUED TIGHT...I could not bang them apart...ugh...


In a last ditch effort -- I decided to heat it up again...and then, once it was hot, I was able to pull them apart...

OMG...I pulled and pulled...and the silicone just kept stretching...


But, once they were separated -- the rim of my frying pan was encased with melted white silicone...

I've had this frying pan for 50 years. What a sad end...

But -- then -- after it cooled, I realized it would pull right off.

NO KIDDING..!! It came off in one big circle piece!!


1 comment:

  1. Thankfully you were able to salvage your long-loved and favorite cast iron skillet...think your 'Rita Luck' is back!!!!

    ReplyDelete