Tuesday, December 17, 2019

The QC Times and the Exhibit

On the Monday after Thanksgiving, Rhonda and I went to the library to ghusch the Exhibit. I was so excited that Alma Gaul would be coming from the QC Times -- and bringing a photographer.
The Bettendorf Library is a beautiful, modern building. And I loved the juxtaposition of that modern architecture, and the my vintage Homemaking Exhibit...
Me and Rhonda with Alma and Kevin, from the local newspaper.
Rhonda took Kevin around, while I talked to Alma about WHERE THIS ALL CAME FROM..!!
I had my own professional photographer...Ross agreed to come take some pictures for me.(ya'll have seen my camera -- and many of my pictures suck)...
The "sewing cabinet" LP set up is one of my favorite things...
My 1949 Featherweight, Sister Sally Donovan, looked terrific...
Although I have MANY books on Housekeeping -- we were only able to display a few.
These pillowcases are exquisite.
BEST picture of the day!
The front page of the Home & Garden section.  I love the title Alma chose..."Stories written in thread"
We got almost a whole second page!!
You have probably already figured out that I am very happy with how the Exhibit turned out. But having it get this kind of publicity was a thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment