Thursday, December 19, 2019

Spooners and Toast Racks

For the exhibit, we basically set up nine areas in the library. And I've been talking a lot about the textile portion of the exhibit...which is, of course, HUGE...

But there is one area that features Spooners and Toast Racks.

I thought about this as I was putting the Exhibit together in my head. Many of us have memories of our childhoods...and, of course it's not always the tablecloths or quilts we remember.

Maybe you'll remember Grandma's good china she only brought out at Christmas. Or, it could be the special Micky Mouse plate your mother used for birthday breakfasts. ALL THOSE THINGS are also part of this story. The Art of Homemaking...

I decided to focus on a few unusual things I collect...and actually USE every single day...in my own home...

Yep. SPOONERS and TOAST RACKS.
Linda P. did a great job of creating a display with some of the beautiful table linens...
One of my favorite spooners -- there in the corner -- it looks like a Totem Pole!!
I bought this sampler on a trip to Ashville, N.C. with my cousin Jackie...
The first Toast Rack I ever bought was during a Sister's trip to Ireland -- it's at the top of the picture, shaped like a piece of toast...
They are still making spooners!.

No comments:

Post a Comment