Thursday, December 5, 2019

The Art of Homemaking Exhibit

Okay -- I know it's not fair to bitch about something that you have TOTALLY BROUGHT ON YOURSELF...but I just want to say that putting this exhibit together has been WAY MORE WORK THAN I EVER COULD HAVE IMAGINED...

Also -- we were all working so hard on Sunday, installing the EXHIBIT -- I barely had time to take any pictures.

We only had four hours on a Sunday afternoon.  My team was small but MIGHTY: Rhonda Pierce, Linda PHILLIPS. and my sister-in-law, Jeanne....
Rhonda's SUV was packed TO THE ROOF...

We set up in an upstairs conference room. Jeanne started ironing. 
Rhonda and I had done some sorting on Saturday night...but THERE WAS WAY TOO MUCH STUFF...
Linda PHILLIPS went downstairs to set up the Sewing Showcase...Rhonda started on the 7-Days a Week Display.
We had to use pins to mount most of the linens...and LINDA PHILLIPS brought her thimbles from home.
I was obviously busy taking this rare picture.....Rhonda and Linda were both curating and installing their own display areas...
BEAUTIFUL JOB, LINDA PHILLIPS
Jeanne was still ironing...
We actually had TWO ironing stations set up
Remember that fabulous Friendship Quilt top? For me -- it's the heart of the exhibit.
It was hard to display bed linens...and really convey the beauty, the hand of the cotton, the quality of the embroidery...
In this area, I showed an unbleached sugar sack (very thin muslin, meant to be disposable)...and a few examples of printed chicken feed sacks.


This piece of embroidery says it all
I love the 7 Days a Week Display.  As you know, this philosophy pretty much orders my current life.
And THIS is what we packed up to TAKE HOME...
There was absolutely NO WAY I could have done all this work without a team of capable hard-working, devoted friends.  Thanks again to my girls....Linda Phillips, Rhonda Pierce and Jeanne Little. I OWE YOU BIGTIME..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment