Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Thanksgiving 2019

I am limping along on my #2 laptop..so blogging is a struggle...Windows 10 and I are NOT A HAPPY COUPLE...but I have figured out how to get at the pictures in my trusty little camera...

AND I HAVE SO MUCH TO TELL YOU...Starting with Thanksgiving.

More than any other holiday on the American Annual Celebration Calendar -- Thanksgiving is ALL ABOUT THE FOOD. And It is a BEAR...!!

I was cooking for a dozen people. Ross was working a shift at the hospital -- so we had to eat RIGHT AT NOON. I had a fresh 19 pound turkey -- but I was very nervous about it getting done in time...I planned to put it in the oven by 6:00 -- but what if it wasn't done in time?

So, in a panic, I bought ANOTHER fresh turkey (12 pounds) to cook on Wednesday. I called this my "Just in Case" bird. (JICB)
Of course, the JICB was perfect...it was beautiful.  
Rhonda arrived at about 10:30 Thanksgiving morning -- and she offered to do the dishes...BIG MISTAKE!!
This is my best picture of Ross...(I'm posting this one for you, Kathy)
Ronan's Mom, Ashley, set the table with Aunt Rozella's silver...
I had two card tables set up in the living room. I borrowed a tablecloth from Linda P...and it worked out PerFECTLY
My best picture of Elliott (who was trying to watch a football game).
I let Rhonda leave the sink long enough to eat some turkey...
After clearing the table, we played a little game of Hedbanz....
AFTER our TRIPTOPHAN NAP -- Rhonda and I enjoyed the leftovers
Rhonda's favorite family recipe...Seafoam salad...
I'm giving my Thanksgiving a 9.5. The food was delicious, nobody mentioned politics or religion, everybody was gone by 3:00....and I got to TAKE A NAP...!!

1 comment:

  1. Great to see Rhonda enjoying the day. We had a great day too. However, when Thanksgiving moved to our house from my parents, the turkey changed. No raw bird for us. We are just too busy. We order a smoked turkey from the local meat market. Turns out absolutely perfect, flavorful, and juicy without any work on our part. We just reheat in the oven. All the sides are fresh and easy. Thank goodness for a double oven and a microwave, so it's all done at the same time.

    ReplyDelete