Monday, December 30, 2019

2019 Holiday Parade

Did I already say how glad I am that Christmas is over?? Honestly -- it's like running a marathon...

The official start of the "Season" here is the Holiday Parade.  It happens the Saturday BEFORE Thanksgiving.  It's a mini-version of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day -- complete with giant balloons...
Last year, it was cancelled because of high winds and rain...
I took Lilly to this parade five years ago -- but Warren has never seen it.
So -- I DECIDED we needed to get up early and go to the parade.
Unfortunately, by the time we arrived in Downtown Davenport -- the streets were closed and all the good parking spots were FILLED.
There were thousands of people lining the parade route...
But, with Ritaluck -- I found a PERFECT SPOT -- only one block away.
Well -- there was one little problem. Our perfect parking spot was right right under this giant sign...


I figured they wouldn't actually tow my car during the Holiday Parade!!  (right?)...
But, just to be safe -- as soon as the kids got out of the car -- I said..."quick...kids -- get far away from the car...run...cross the street...don't look back....act like you have noooo idea who owns that beat up old Hyundai..."
Lilly and Warren loved running AWAY from the car -- and towards the parade...
We had a wonderful spot -- right on the street corner...
When we saw the last balloon coming (Santa and Rudolph) -- we headed to Sippi's.
We were lucky to get a table in the room with all the windows.
We set up a game of King's Corner...
While we waited for our food...
Oh, yeah...it was the PERFECT way to kick off the 2019 holiday season...Running away from the car was definitely the kids favorite part...but I've gotta vote for the cheese fries...

No comments:

Post a Comment