Friday, December 13, 2019

My Small but Mighty Team

One of Rhonda's most important contributions to the Art of Homemaking Exhibit was simply arriving in Iowa with a SPOTLESSLY CLEAN SUV capable of hauling all those boxes and bins...

Everybody knows my car (a 2011 Hyundai with 164,000 miles) is like a rolling dumpster. The front seat is full...the back seat is full...and I haven't been able to put anything new in the trunk for six years...

Whereas, Rhonda's car?   One day, I put a paper cup of coffee in the beverage holder, and I thought she was gonna break out in hives before I finished drinking it.

Sunday morning, she backed right up to the kitchen door...so the LOADING could begin...
We packed her vehicle TO THE ROOF...(this load had to be killing her)
The minute we arrived at the library, Rhonda got RIGHT TO WORK.
Linda Phillips brought thimbles for us -- which came in REALLY HANDY.
Linda did another big wall -- which eventually included about 20 gingham aprons.(I'll have more pictures next week!)


I NEVER would have thought about hanging the dishtowels from the corners. Genius...

I think all three of them worked on the BlueBird part of the exhibit.
There is no way I can thank these three enough. Really...they worked so hard.... 
That night, Rhonda's fancy watch told her she walked 3.75 miles that day. NO KIDDING.....I was not surprised...and we ALL get credit for the day's mileage.
My feet were killing me...

In the history of the world, NOBODY EVERY HAD BETTER HELP.

Or, better friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment