Monday, December 16, 2019

Paula Sands LIVE

So, on Thursday, December 12 -- I was booked to be a guest on a local television show, Paula Sands Live. My daughter in law, Emily, was going with me to help tote a mini-Exhibit...lol...

Here's the thing. The PSL show is a very big deal in my part of the world. It is a local show, produced by KWQC, our NBC affiliate. Its one hour of local programming featuring local events, people, history, etc..

Paula Sands has been doing this show for 26 years.

I was a guest on her very first show...

At that time, her show had a studio audience every day. There was no internet. No email. YIKES. I can't imagine how they did all that...WITHOUT COMPUTERS??!!

Every-other-week, I'd go on her show and demonstrate some crafty project, or talk about a quick gift to sew. I tried to theme my topics...you know -- Easter, summer picnic ideas, kid's crafts...

When I sent Paula a Press Release about the Art of Homemaking exhibit, she replied within an hour!

When the receptionist told the PSL crew we'd arrived, Paula immediately came out to greet us.
Within the first two minutes, she was trying on an apron.
AND SHE BROUGHT out a chair we did on one of those first shows. I couldn't believe she still had that chair! (remember when sponge painting was a thing?)
Emily helped me set up an 9 ft. table. Good thing I brought extra pins!
When it was time for my segment, I didn't know they were going to do THIS....
The VERY FIRST THING PAULA did was talk about that show -- 26 years ago -- and they showed a clip. She and I were both 26 years younger. Turns out, I had dark brown hair at that time...it felt like a dream. Honestly...I do not remember even doing all those things...it was sooo long ago.

.
Paula is an experienced interviewer (hey -- did I say she's been doing this every single day for 26 years!!) -- so she makes it easy. She asks a lot of questions...and I had so many samples -- it just moved things along...
I think they put the various segments up on their website -- and as soon as I get that link -- I'll share it with you.

3 comments:

  1. I saw you, it was a great segment. Fun to see things from 26 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Rita! Love the exhibit. Viewers can go to the show's web site and watch the whole segment if they google Paula Sands Live. I loved the interaction between you and Paula. --From 'Sue in Milwaukee'

    ReplyDelete