Thursday, December 26, 2019

BEST Oatmeal EVER

I was so busy DOING CHRISTMAS...it's possible I didn't take a single picture...ugh...

THE BIG STORY here is our weather. Get this -- 62 degrees!! Yes, indeed -- the warmest Christmas Day in the history of IOWA WEATHER...

So, along with everything else that goes on during CHRISTMAS -- I've been hanging sheets out on the line!!

********

So, now that Christmas is in my rear view mirror -- it's time to GET BACK ON MY HEALTHY EATING TRAIN...

And one of my favorite things is to make a giant batch of my special oatmeal. It is filling, delicious, quick (to reheat)...and I never get tired of it.

 I like the Old Fashioned kind -- which cooks for ten minutes...
My perfect oatmeal pot. 
I'm making 4 cups of oatmeal...and I add 1/2 cup of raisins (or dried cranberries, LP)
AFTER the oatmeal is cooked, I add one chopped apple...
And a lot of chopped walnuts...
I stir them in after the oatmeal is cooked...so the apples stay crunchy.
At the end, I stir in a tablespoon of cinnamon...and a tablespoon of honey.
This oatmeal is KILLER GOOD, and it'll last me for a week. I put a cup in my bowl, nuke it for 1 minute...and I'm in a happy place...

P.S.  full disclosure -- sometimes, I eat it cold.  Honest...it tastes like a wonderful oatmeal raisin cookie...

No comments:

Post a Comment