Friday, August 31, 2018

Friday Night Campout...

You never know what will be remembered. I only have vague memories of spending time with my two grandmothers. My Mom apparently didn't get along with either her mother or her mother-in-law.

Too bad.  It was the 50's, Mom had six kids,  Dad was always working -- and she could have used some help!

But that was then and this is now.  I think my generation is WAY MORE INVOLVED with grandchildren.   And I think we make a difference.

Speaking for myself -- being somebody's grandmother might be the most important, impactful thing I've ever done.

And of all the time I spend with Lilly and Warren...the trips to Chicago and New York City....the plays and concerts...the library activities and Grandma Camp Adventures...

It just might the the routine, ordinary things they remember best...

Like -- the Friday Night Camp Out....  
Every Friday Night begins with them blowing up the air mattress...(they just plug it in and turn a button)....
We usually eat at home on Friday night. If Ross isn't working, he will join us. If the weather is nice, we eat on the porch.  They love to help cook supper.
The kids set the table.  Picking out the napkins has been Lilly's job since she was 3 years old... 
For this occasion (a birthday), we used Aunt Rozella's silver...
This is the ONE NIGHT of the week when we eat together, sitting around the table...
They both take a bath, get into their pajamas...
Because -- IT'S MOVIE NIGHT!!
Yep. E.V.E.R.Y....F.R.I.D.A.Y.....N.I.G.H.T....
THIS IS HOW Ritaluck really works.  I PLAN EACH DAY...and I structure my week.   It's a lot of work nobody ever sees....But this is why I love my life so much. 

Don't leave it up to chance or circumstance. ....have SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO EVERY DAY...Then, be relentless....

No comments:

Post a Comment