Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Wednesday: Mend?

In the days of the original 7-Day-a-week dishtowels -- Wednesday was often the "sew" day...
Or, in this case -- "mend"...
The truth is -- Sewing is such a joyful thing in my life -- I can't relegate it to just one day a week.

But, Wednesday is often the day I have a big chunk of time to indulge my sewing love...Lilly says my superpower is SEWING.
And there isn't a week that goes by without me making something for Lilly or Warren...

Although, she doesn't love everything I make for her...
And I love to start my creative juices flowing at a THRIFT STORE...
I have a particular penchant for buying smart-ass t-shirts...
Which -- then -- as you know -- I CUT UP AND FRANKENSEW into other things. Nightgowns, maxi-dresses...
Which I usually give to people...
Of course, I also use my Frankensewing skills to create work-out clothes!!
I'd like to tell you that I always have a basket of sewing projects to work on. But the truth is, I have a basement FULL TO THE BRIM with projects I hope to get to...sooner or later...

So I can't be limited to Wednesday...but, hey -- it's a good day to start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment