Saturday, August 4, 2018

MDF Porch Lunch!

FINALLY! The job is done!! The new carpet was laid on Monday....and I spent all day Tuesday putting things back together. I sorted, AGAIN, through baskets and boxes of toys,books,crafts,etc... bringing stuff back into the room. This time, trying to be more selective!!

Which meant, of course --  hauling stuff back OUT TO MY CAR for the Goodwill. (6 more bags actually LEFT the property!)

As it turns out, I had this Pottery Barn area rug in the back seat of my car ($4 at the Salvation Army)...
I've always had an area rug in this room...heck -- this one goes with every wall. Whadaya think, Frankie?
My MDF friends had REQUESTED a popover lunch...and I've been putting it off all summer because of ALL THE STUFF that's been sitting on the porch, waiting for the new carpet to be laid...

Hey -- carpet laid on Monday, Tuesday I'll put it back in order.  The summer heat has taken a break, so Wednesday seemed like the perfect day to have them out for lunch.
Because NOTHING IS EASIER than popovers!!
With my Mom's chicken salad and some fresh fruit...PERFECT!!
Sandy, Carol, and my sister Ronda...
Evelyn on the other side.
The STAR of the luncheon was Mom's chicken/macaroni salad.  DELISH..!!

1 comment:

  1. The new carpet looks great - and so does your porch lunch! I hope your weather stays comfortable. We're heading into low 90's again - in the Seattle area!

    ReplyDelete