Monday, August 27, 2018

Monday: Cleaning/Laundry

Monday is my CLEANING DAY...!! In the good old days, "cleaning day" was different from "Wash day"...

But, in my world -- Monday is a combination of those two things. Cleaning AND washing....(One thing I like to do, the other thing I do not...any guesses?)
It's no secret that cleaning is my LEAST favorite thing to do -- which is why I choose to have help. Believe me -- there's no shame in needing help.  NOBODY can be good at everything, right??
Having REALLY GOOD HELP makes every job so much more tolerable......
Actually, in my life -- Monday is much more than just the cleaning/laundry day.  Monday is the STAGING DAY for everything that will happen at my house, and in my life, during that week.

Which means there is ALWAYS some kind of crappy extra job to be done...
Clearing out and reorganizing the game cupboard....(in preparation for the NEW CARPET)
Freshening up the Guest Bedroom...(when Mary comes to visit)
Getting the screened porch and getting it ready for SUMMER (the cushions live in the basement during the winter.)
So, yes, every Monday -- the cleaning is a BIG JOB. But to take the sting out of that, I get to do something I REALLY ENJOY...
Yep. Laundry. This job is ALL MINE...and, of course -- my favorite element of Wash Day...is...
HANGING MY SHEETS outside on the line. To dry. And smell wonderful. On Monday night, after I take my shower, I love to snuggle in bed, and sniff my line-dried pillowcases...
...and I feel like life just doesn't get any better than this....
Yep. I love Mondays. With Carrie's help, I get a lot done. The house looks great...I'm sleeping in a fresh bed, with gorgeous 100% cotton sheets...

I am looking forward to the rest of the week...and ALL IS RIGHT WITH MY WORLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment