Wednesday, August 22, 2018

That was THEN; This is NOW

Our road trip to Lincoln, Nebraska was a WHIRLWIND...for sure. And our dinner on the first night was VERY SPECIAL.
The decor was really SOOO interesting. I've done a fair bit of this in my house...I just didn't GO FAR ENOUGH.
The lighting is spectacular...and very unique.
But the best thing about this place was the FOOD. Their burgers were FANTASTIC. And their menu raves about their famous "ÇRACK FRIES"
Of course -- they had other choices on the menu. I could have ordered a grilled chicken Cesar salad...

But IT WAS RHONDA'S BIRTHDAY PARTY....right??.

As you know, it was my friend RHONDA who invited me to go to Fitness Camp in the first place. ....so it's ironic that she is the culprit who's birthday party is tempting me with all this delicious greasy food!!

I don't write much on this blog about my new eating habits. Mostly because it is SUCH A BORING TOPIC...and I believe there are more important things in life for a person to focus on.

But, honestly, I haven't eaten a big plate of greasy fried food for almost two years...

Here's the shocking thing. Apparently, my body has completely adjusted to my new eating regimen...and it simply cannot handle all that grease.

I was up all night...and basically felt sick to my stomach (a term I NEVER USE).  For the next three days, I spent a lot of time in my bathroom...(sorry -- I should have given you a TMI warning.)

I am keeping this picture of the wonderful Hop Cat stuffed Blu Burger....as a reminder...
Of  how far I've come...
August 2016.
August 2018

2 comments: