Friday, August 31, 2012

Project Runway

Last night's challenge should have been called "The Little Black Dress".

Holy Cow. Just when I thought it was not possible for them to do more short boring dresses -- they came up with the "Lord & Taylor" Project Runway collection?

THEN -- demanded that they all create -- wait for it --

A DRESS...

Ugh.

When I saw the names of the other Project Runway designers -- Jay McCarroll, Chris March, Mondo, Nick Verros -- I was again struck by their memorable garments.

So -- okay -- I am not a fan of this challenge. MORE DRESSES...

But I always turn this show on with an open mind. Maybe tonight one of them will create something inspired -- something amazing...

Ugh. You know where I'm going with this, don't you??

The only thing that was impressive tonight was the complete across-the-board "Can't Do" attitude from the women. WHAT A BUNCH OF WHINERS!!

The mean spirited Russian woman (Elena?) started crying right off the bat because she is SO DAMN CREATIVE -- SHE cannot possibly dumb down her designs to fit into the Lord & Taylor aesthetic. OH MY GOD...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? This is episode 7 and nobody I know can remember a single thing you've made!!

The mousy blonde woman -- Melissa? -- was making a sheath dress with a stand up bodice and an asymetrical hemline. She was behind the 8-ball from the first moment, and had to completely start over because of the puckery, ill-fitting mess she made. Bronze brocade reads "black" on the runway, hon.

Moments before the runway show -- Sonji realized her model couldn't wiggle into her skin tight sheath dress -- and she was cutting the hem with a scissors and sobbing at the same time. Who said these designers couldn't multi-task?

Her dress was black, too...so it fit in with THIS DEAD BORING style show....one mediocre little black dress after another.

Dreadlock girl (sorry -- I keep thinking she's going home soon, so there's no point in learning her name) actually stood on the runway with her BLACK hot mess and told the judges she's just not capable of making a tasteful feminine dress.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE REALIZED THAT BEFORE YOU GAVE UP YOUR GREAT JOB AT STARBUCKS AND AUDITIONED FOR THIS SHOW, HONEY...

I woke up just in time to see that Gunner did black lace and Ven did a black folded flower...

I thought it was a terrible show. But maybe I'm not being fair. I'm also a fan of America's Got Talent -- and this week they eliminated the BEST ACT -- DITTELMAN. I cannot believe he won't be in the Finale....



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting. You make me laugh! I've really missed your take on this snoozer season. So much for an exciting season 10.
    I can only remember Vin's name and that is only because I wanted to know the snot out of him after his "real woman" comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO KIDDING!! Those comments make it pretty hard to root for him...

    ReplyDelete