Monday, August 6, 2012

Sue's Housewarming Gift

Like most women friends, Sue and I have exchanged gifts over the years. This was the housewarming gift I gave her when they moved into their completely restored house in 2007...

When I got a tour of the remodeled upstairs bedrooms -- I was delighted to see this very old lilac quilt. Sue always loved this quilt, and many years ago, she asked me to repair it. I'm afraid my repairs were obvious but Sue was delighted -- and it hangs in a place of honor...

Three years ago -- when her grandson was born -- I made this tractor quilt. Sue's daughter Kara works at John Deere...
But the biggest surprise for me was in the little bedroom under the eaves...on the baby bed, there was the little pillowcase I made when Kara was a baby...33 years ago...??
Thank God for me -- Sue treats the people in her life with as much care as she treats the linens. And she NEVER GETS RID OF ANY OF US...

No comments:

Post a Comment