Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Yes, More Maxi Dresses

When I originally made this dress, I didn't know who it was for. Amy was trying it on for these pictures...






She laughed at the panel that said, "Save the planet, it's the only one with beer"...So I decided it would be perfect for her! She could pull it over her swimsuit and wear out on the river with the boys. They do a lot of camping -- it'll be great in the RV... But, to make it work for Amy -- IT MUST BE LONGER...

The problem is that I cut slits up both sides. So I had to add the length in the MIDDLE of the dress. I simply wacked it apart -- added a whole new section...
Then I had Kelcy try it on to see if I was right about the length. Perfect... isn't it wonderful that I have so many beautiful, interchangeable, cooperative model/nieces??

Do you ever watch American Pickers? Frank and Mike do this thing called "freestyling"
-- when they drive around the countryside -- randomly looking for a treasure trove.


AND that's how I feel about sewing with recycled t-shirts....it's sewing"freestyling". There are no rules and ANYTHING GOES. Sometimes, I start with the words...or a great designer top...or I am inspired by the colors. Once I get started, I try it on a niece, then make it longer or shorter, or add some fringe, maybe a red sleeve and a blue sleeve...maybe add more fringe...it could go horizontal AND vertical...
YEP. That's what I'm gonna call this. Maxi Dress Freestyling...


ARE WE HAVING FUN YET??

Because -- trust me -- I have NOT EVEN MADE A DENT in my mountains of t-shirts...!!



No comments:

Post a Comment