Thursday, August 9, 2012

Painted Furniture

I am hooked on Pinterest.

One of the boards I created was "Painted Furniture". OH MY GOD. There are soooo many wonderful pieces of furniture out there. I have long considered the furniture in my house the ART I live with. But it wasn't until I started looking at OTHER people's furniture that I realized how many zany pieces I had...

For example -- John and I got married in 1970. In 1973, I was studying tole painting -- and I did this red "wedding trunk".

Nowadays, that trunk has a new purpose and lives in Lillian's room. She keeps her dress-up clothes (crowns, wigs, fur stoles, WAY TOO MANY LITTLE velvet dresses!)


Here, in the messiest corner of my kitchen -- is a dry sink I painted during that time.
Really -- it was some of my best work...


In later years -- I got a LOT MORE CASUAL about my furniture painting. This table is one of the MOST OFTEN-USED pieces of furniture in my house. It sits on the right side of my Lazy Boy....


This is my "T-Table". Get it? TEA table??
Never mind...

I believe in the power of words. And, as it turns out, many of my favorite words start with a "t". Some of the words I painted on the top of my "t-table":



tacos, tomorrow, talk, totem, togetherness, trust, taste, trouble, talent, travel, time, truth...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my painted furniture. And I have been so inspired by the pictures on Pitnerest -- I am REALLY EXCITED about doing some new projects.

And, honestly -- THANK YOU, FELLOW PINNERS. Before Pinterest, I never would have thought about PAINTING MY WASHER AND DRYER...!!
I AM SOOO EXCITED!!

1 comment:

  1. Those are indeed lovely work! I can't even draw and I'm a lousy painter. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete