- Under the category of "what was I thinking?" -- I am on the committee for my upcoming class reunion. Holy Cow. These things are a LOT of work. I've had to repeatedly get together with the other committee members for dinner meetings to plan the big party. There were the invitations (Pat did most of that). Collecting the money (Sue was in charge). Lining up the place (I don't know who did that).
The truth is -- I may have been enjoying myself a little too much at these committee dinners -- because at some point, I was put in charge of the "program".
There were a lot of suggestions. We are not capable of putting together a slide show -- or editing a bunch of old pictures to create a "film" -- showing how much better we all looked WAY BACK THEN. ugh.
Trivia games? Really? We already know Merlyn Marten is the smartest guy in the room.
So, if I'm in charge...I think there should be some kind of ice breaker. Preferably, some kind of activity that won't put anybody on the spot or make them feel stupid...
IF you walked into your reunion, and were handed this sheet of paper -- what would you do?
Describe yourself -- using only three words.
THEN -- pick just one of these questions -- and answer it for the group:
- If you had known then what you know now -- WHAT JOB WOULD YOU WANT?
- If you could visit any place in the world -- where would you go and how long would you stay?
- What is your favorite thing to do during the Iowa WINTER.
- The year after High School, we all made big choices -- what was your BEST choice?
- Speaking of choices -- what was your WORST choice?
- If they made a movie of your life -- what is it about and which actor would you want to play you? NAME one big thing on your bucket list?
- What do you miss most about being a teenager?
- What was your favorite vacation OF ALL TIME.
- If you have a day off -- WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- TOMORROW -- you can get on a magic carpet and spend the day with one person in the world. Who would it be?
OR -- would it be better to have everybody answer four or five of the questions -- then pass the paper around at the table they're sitting at, and guess who's answers they are reading?
What was your FAVORITE REUNION GAME EVER??
c'MON....we want it to be fun!!