Friday, August 24, 2012

Project Runway

Project Runway. Season 38...(it feels like it anyway)...no spoilers...

Yes -- I am watching. Again. I am happy that the usual cast of characters is back. My favorite, of course, is Tim Gunn. And I like the rhythm of Heidi with Michael Kors and Nina Garcia...

But so far -- I am just not in love with any of the contestants.

One of the reasons I haven't been blogging about Project Runway this season is because I cannot figure out how to up load any PICTURES. Part of the problem is with blogger -- part of it is with my Windows 7 learning curve...

It's very difficult to write about Project Runway without pictures.

But I decided (after receiving many email complaints!) -- that with or without pictures -- I just had to weigh in on this season!!

First of all -- I am very disappointed in the quality of the contestants. Really, people?? You looked far and wide for the likes of Buffi and Raul?? HOLY COW. What a lackluster group they are...

I remember Season One -- falling in love with Jay McCarroll -- and I was shocked that Austin Scarlett wasn't in the finale -- and didn't we all love to hate Wendy Pepper??

In Chloe Dao's winning season -- I remember thinking Daniel Vostovic was giving her a run for her money, and who could forget Santino??

There were so many wonderful designers who made memorable garments -- who didn't even win their season! Chris March, Kenley Collins, Mondo Guerra, Laura Bennett, Uli Herzner, Johnathan Kayne -- remember his fabulous "pageant gowns"??

Name one garment from this season -- so far -- that was memorable??

At least part of the problem with this season is the boring challenges. Make a garment for the runway that is the same color as the Lexus? Make a garment that can go from day to night..?
I feel like we've already seen a hundred boring little dresses...and I am missing the drama...a point of view...something...

The reason there are no spoilers in this post is because I DO NOT CARE ENOUGH about who went home this week to even write about it...

Every week, I wait for the final Style Show on the runway -- and I want to see a garment that takes my breath away...

But it's just not happening. This is week #6, and I still don't know their names.

And frankly, I find myself switching the channel to see if there's a rerun somewhere of some Toddlers & Tiaras...

No comments:

Post a Comment