Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lawn Parties

I've had a wonderful summer, with some very special occasions and some pretty awesome LAWN parties. My friend Sue did it up for her husband Kim's retirement. She worked for weeks cleaning her-always-meticulous-looking house. (I'm still not done making fun of her because she cleaned her windows and ceiling fans -- knowing full well nobody would come into the house...)

As people started to arrive -- there was a "snack tent" -- with jars of candy and a popcorn machine, etc...


Then -- there was the BIG TENT -- with all the tables and chairs...
AND, of course -- the food. You already heard about the fabulous cole slaw. But the real star of this party was the wonderful, tender, delicous pulled pork...



I loved the little write-up they made for Kim's "retirement"...listing ALL THE JOBS he had over the years. (starting with paper boy at the age of 8)....

Yes, I had a wonderful time. The decorations were fabulous...lights on the tent, in the trees. This would have been a nice picture of the three of us. Except that the woman I do not know closed her eyes...

Sue and Kim with their children. Kahn and Kara. GREAT JOB, YOU...

Now - if I could just figure out how to get these pictures out of my computer and on to a CD or something she could actually use...

Maybe she knows who that woman is....


No comments:

Post a Comment