Saturday, September 1, 2012

QUOTES and Pinterest

The other day, I got a couple of emails about my "Pinterest quotes". If you are NOT on Pinterest -- here's the deal. It is ALL ABOUT THE PICTURES. So every quote has some kind of pithy little graphic to go with it. And whatever YOU ARE interested in -- that's what your boards are about.

It's like having all your "favorites"-- categorized and pinned on your own master bulletin boards. Some of my boards are: Sewing, Food, Kid's ideas, Maxi dresses, Recycled T-shirt ideas, The Power of Words, Laugh Out Loud...well -- you get the idea.

I never really got that involved with Facebook. For one thing -- there are WAAAYYY TOO MANY people pushing their own agenda, ranting and raving - like you are ALL WRONG if you don't agree with them. It is exhausting and judgemental...and I can't remember the last time I logged into Facebook. Mostly -- I use it for my job -- and as Sew Expo gets closer -- Facebook is a great way to share information with a large group.

But Pinterest is totally different. It's all about the pictures -- and sharing the things you love. So -- that said -- here's my first quote:
************

Pinterest makes me like people I've never met. Facebook makes me scared of the people I know in real life...

You are always responsible for how you act, no matter how you feel. Remember that.

Don't believe everything you think.

It's late. You are standing in front of the refrigerator. You are not hungry -- you are bored. Drink a glass of water and learn the difference.

She loved life and it loved her right back.

The things you take for granted are the things someone else is praying for.

Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it. (Julia Child)

Sometimes the wrong choices bring us to the right places.

Be so good they can't ignore you. (Steve Martin)




Yóu don't have to attend every argument you're invited to.

You are only given one little spark of madness -- you mustn't lose it. (Robin Williams)

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't -- you're right. (Henry Ford)

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.

I myself am entirely made of flaws, stitched together by good intentions.


Note to self: You are enough; You have enough; You do enough.

Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others.

Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.


Finally -- To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. (Einstein)

1 comment: