Thursday, May 7, 2020

VBP: Gluten-free Cookies!

So -- okay -- I'm not QUITE done celebrating my VBP...and you know how sometimes one thing leads to another...which is what happened in this case.

*********
I received this email on my birthday...from Jane...with a picture...

Happy Birthday!

Today, I walked, wrote letters, went to church on-line, watched a friend’s video demo and paid bills. Still to come, a nap and then a trip to my folks’ to check on them.

Happy gluten free coconut semi snicker doodle cookies for you!
*****

One thing led to another...

When I thanked Jane, I was curious about her gluten free journey -- as Carrie's daughter, Elizabeth, found out she has celiac disease three years ago -- and it has been a struggle for her.

THEN THIS HAPPENED...

I was waiting to post a picture -- but right now, I can't find my camera (hey -- don't judge me -- there's a LOT GOING ON HERE)...

BUT, I took some amazing pictures of Carrie, opening the box Jane sent...LOADED with cook books, and mixes, and cornmeal...

Carrie was DELIGHTED...and when she asked how Jane and I became friends...I just smiled and said...

S.E.W.I.N.G.

Once again -- I'd like to say this.  Women who sew are the BEST people. They are kind and generous and thoughtful.  Really.  It's something I've known for a very long time...

THANKS AGAIN, JANE...I always find my camera sooner or later...and I'll send you pics of Elizabeth, after baking a loaf of gluten-free bread!!


No comments:

Post a Comment