Monday, May 11, 2020

Monday, May 11

So -- here's my tip for this week. It's one of those Facebook pages...where you can spend hours and hours (ask me how I know this)...

QUARANTINED CABARET....

Honestly...Laura Mendoza told me about this page. Laura was recently featured in the Schmetz Inspired To Sew Magazine...

https://issuu.com/schmetzneedles/docs/its77-may20?fr=sYTM1ZDE3NTM3.


And you may know her from the Sewing and Stitchery Expo in Puyallup, Washington.



As it turns out -- her husband Jim is QUITE AN ACCOMPLISHED SINGER. I loved listening to him (and many others!) -- and this song was new to me... I'm not sure if that link will work. But if you go "like" the page, you can type his name into the search box...(Jim Mendoza).

Or, as I happily found out, ANY SONG TITLE you love...Believe me -- the chances are very good that many people have been singing the songs you love. And I love hearing about people who are using this time in such a productive, creative way.

*********

On the topic of music -- the BEST NEW SHOW ON TELEVISION is Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist. If you didn't see it the first time around -- make a note to watch it on demand. IT IS SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL...and I love watching it with the kids.

The finale had one of the most moving scenes I've ever watched on television...really...it's amazing...one looooong shot...




************
MMWI: 227.6

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying Quarantined Cabaret. The link worked for me, and I'm not part of that page (I hear Jim all day long). One of Jim's favorite performers on it is Anna Marie (not sure if one or two words). She does live requests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM LOVING IT, Laura!! Thanks again for the recommend...

      Delete
    2. Oh, and Anna Marie is on Quarantine Karaoke, not cabaret. Jim is now looking for a new song to post.

      Delete