Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother's Day

Elliott,Emily, Lilly, Warren and I were all in Elliott's truck -- driving around to pick up the scavenger hunt clues. Our final destination was the little park where the kids and I set up our Social Distance Cafe last month....
I set up their Easter Egg hunt here...and I figured they were about to return the favor...


BUT I WAS WRONG...

As we pulled into the park, Elliott handed me a little box...

Inside was a KEY FOB...!!

THEY GAVE ME A BRAND NEW CAR..!!

BEST FAMILY PICTURE we ever took!!
I am still in a state of shock. No kidding. It just doesn't seem real...My Hyundai Sonata was 10 years old and had gone 164,000 miles.

It took me the better part of two days to clean out the trunk...Mary said, "I'll bet you found lots of neat stuff"....

The truth is -- I was just happy I didn't find a family of racoons living there.

6 comments:

  1. What a kind and wonderful gift! You are truly blessed to have such a loving and caring family! No surprise as I've heard it said many times that "your vibe attracts your tribe" meaning that the loving & caring starts with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that...your vibe attracts your tribe...words to live by!!

      Delete
  2. Your family is amazing and you deserve every joy! Enjoy your new car and have lots of fun adventures. Happy Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing surprise - and such a special, thoughtful gift! Happy Mother's Day to you (and happy everyday), Rita!

    ReplyDelete