Thursday, May 21, 2020

The LAST WORD on Facemasks

Like most of you -- I sewed facemasks for myself, family and friends.

But all the conflicting information was confusing at best -- discouraging at worst. So I never did ramp up to make HUNDREDS of masks (I'm looking at you, Anne).

This mask phenomenon has been fascinating for me...and one store, in particular, really became a rock star during this time. The Fabric Patch in Ephrata, Washington. I don't know these people personally -- but their effort has been very impressive. They have made and/or distributed over 167,000 facemasks...

And this video (with over a million YouTube views) is about WHAT THEY'VE LEARNED. It's 30 minutes long -- but there was so much good information, it will be worth your time.

At this point, it seems like wearing a mask will be part of our life for the foreseeable future -- and this video explains so many different aspects of mask-making, options, proper fit, care, etc. 

GREAT JOB, FABRIC PATCH!!

3 comments:

  1. I learned a lot from this video. Thanks for sharing it Rita. I am so proud of these fellow Washingtonians. Just goes to show what a small, local shop in a small town can do. We have got to save small businesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And its a fantastic little Fabric Shop, too....about 50 miles away, so a great road trip...when we can do that again! I used their videos as backup for my mask making!

    ReplyDelete