Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Social Distanced TMBC

So -- like everybody else on the planet -- here in Iowa we're trying to figure out what our "New Normal" looks like.

One of the things I missed the most was the weekly TMBC download!! Even though our State was not ready to do business as usual -- we decided to get together again. But, instead of breakfast in a restaurant -- it would be a socially distanced sack lunch in an outdoor park.

GREAT.

Because -- believe me when I say Bettendorf, Iowa has some BEAUTIFUL PARKS!!

For our first OUTDOOR TMBC -- we went to the beautiful Veteran's Memorial Park

This is a wonderful park, with a huge bandshell.

We took advantage of the outdoor seating...to insure the proper Social Distance.
Although it was chilly (luckily, I always have a blanket in my trunk)
But we still did our Sew-and-Tell...(I can't remember why LP is making that face...she is gonna HATE this picture!)
For Week Two -- we picked the NEWEST park -- Forest Road.
The possibility of April Showers means we need a PAVILION...
I arrived early to set up our tables.
We enjoyed our usual weekly downloads (wearing jackets and sitting on hard benches)
Instead of a SEW and TELL -- I did a cooking demonstration. Homemade cavatelli. (thank-you Michael Symon!)
Hey -- I LOVE ME A GOOD KWIK-STAR LUNCH!!
And who are we kidding? The TMBC has NEVER been about the gourmet food...
The TMBC is about being connected...doing the weekly download...just being girlfriends who share the good, the bad and the ugly. We celebrate and commiserate --whichever is called for!
Last week, I called an emergency TMBC...so I could see the JAW DROPPING look on their faces when I said these words, "Elliott gave me a new car!"
So, okay -- things are definitely NOT back to normal...and who knows when that will happen?

But, for now -- we're taking it day by day...like all of you,,,Doing our best...making the most...

It reminds me of the Serenity Prayer...

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference...

No comments:

Post a Comment