Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Great-Grandma Minnie Soltau

Our last TMBC party was on St. Patrick's Day...at Aunt Adda's house...

Looking back, we were SO NAIVE. The Coronavirus Lockdown was just hours away...but we didn't have a clue about the major changes that were coming our way.
Linda K., Linda P., Sandy and Aunt Adda (I was taking the pic).

After our lunch of homemade corned beef hash and Irish Soda Bread, Aunt Adda brought out my Great-Grandmother's Diary...
Called "The Everyday Diary""
Her name was Minnie Soltau. And she wrote in her diary every single day. In pencil.
At this point, I'm sure you are thinking I'm going to write about what Minnie and William were doing in 1938. Wouldn't that be fun??
I mean...I was feeling all warm and fuzzy -- Aunt Adda had just given me an embroidered tablecloth...

We were definitely having a moment....

Until I said I'd love to read Great-Grandma Minnie's Diary....

Aunt Adda reached for the book and said..."Sorry...it's not leaving my house..." 

So -- this is as close as I could get...

No comments:

Post a Comment