Saturday, May 23, 2020

That was THEN...This is NOW

For many years, the month of May meant I traveled all the way to Seattle to attend the planning meeting for the Sewing and Stitchery Expo. Holy Cow!! REMEMBER TRAVEL???

That trip was a highlight of my year.  And it was SO EASY!!

Gheesh...I'd wake up early one morning, drive 40 minutes to my local airport,  board a plane, take a nap, and arrive at Sea-Tac in time to go out for lunch with Joanne. 
The Pacific Northwest is stunning in May.
There are pay-offs around every corner...the azaleas are the most beautiful I've ever seen!!
And the views are so incredible.
The shopping, the people, the WEATHER...I LOVE THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST...

I don't know how we're going to get back on track.  Getting on a plane and traveling halfway across the country seems like a thing of the past.

Because of Covid 19 -- 100,000 deaths and counting --  the idea of attending a big consumer show like Sew Expo or Quilt Market feels like playing a dangerous game of Russian Roulette...

Iowa is slowly opening up....but my sisters and I aren't yet ready to get together in our own homes.

However, given my particular set of life skills, I've decided it's a huge waste of my time worrying about any of that....

Instead -- today -- I'm just going to be GRATEFUL for all those wonderful memories!!  I'm so glad I did what I did when I did it...
This week, I think my mission will be to reminisce about this special trip with every one of these fabulous girls.  WE ARE THE LUCKY ONES, eh??

1 comment:

  1. We were so lucky this year. Expo was the second to last event at the fairgrounds before everything shut down. It was during Expo that coronavirus talk really kicked in seriously here in the PNW.

    ReplyDelete