Wednesday, May 20, 2020

May 2019

Yesterday, the TMBC had another socially distanced lunch...in a park in Bettendorf. It was a cold wet day, and the four of us had a huge pavilion all to ourselves.

I kept thinking about LAST year at this time...and when I looked back at my pictures, I found these photos of that same pavilion.

In May 2019.  Bettendorf hosted a "tie dye" event which was a fund raiser for the local group.
The pavilion was jam packed with people...
Lilly and Warren learned about tie-dye...afterwards, we went out for lunch at one of our favorite restaurants. STEAK and SHAKE...
May 2019 -- Memorial Day in Princeton, Iowa. Again...people...in a crowd...enjoying a small town annual event...
Also...May 2019,,,,Ross took Warren to the Miniature Golf, but the place was packed with people enjoying one of the first nice weekends-- and they had to wait at almost every hole.
Remembering LAST MAY is a bittersweet thing....

When I look at photos from last year -- all those ordinary activities -- I cannot believe the changes in our world. All the restaurants are closed...the stores, the parks, the museums. Quilt Market is canceled, Quilt Expo will be virtual...no consumer shows, no conventions.  I can't take the kids to theater, we can't go to the Y, there will be no swimming...no baseball, no sports, no music festivals, no county fairs...

And here's what I'm thinking about.  SHAME ON ME FOR TAKING ALL THAT FOR GRANTED!!

I mean -- how wonderful my life was, right??

So -- when this thing is over -- I hope that will be the take-away.  For the rest of my life I will have a deep appreciation for the simple, everyday, ordinary things...

********
TODAY -- at 1:00 CST -- Rhonda Pierce will be doing  a LIVE Facebook event.  The SWIM show (See What I Made)...
 .

1 comment:

  1. Yes, so much we took for granted. I am sure I will APPRCIATE the simple things more from now on. Have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete