Friday, May 22, 2020

VBP and Basement Excavation

So, today's post is a mash-up -- about my VBP (Virtual Birthday Party) -- and my Pandemic-Basement-Excavation project.

To review -- my big birthday bash was canceled because of the quarantine. I asked YOU to attend my VBP and tell me what you were doing on my birthday.  AND YOU DID..!!

I shared many of these emails...and I also received a few special packages in the mail.

One of my favorite gifts was from Joanne Ross in Tacoma, Washington.  She sent me a custom MAT FOR MY SINGER FEATHERWEIGHT..!!

But when I called Joanne to thank her for the gift -- I thought it was a wall hanging...
She laughed -- and set me straight.  "It's a mat for your Singer Featherweight".  (I was confused by the clear vinyl pockets)

I had to wait to post the pictures until I CLEANED MY BASEMENT...but, now -- I am THRILLED to report that I can actually walk over to my sewing machines...!! (instead of climbing over a t-shirt mountain)...  And, thanks to my nifty new mat, I can also FIND things like scissors, bodkins and seam rippers...

I'm also enjoying the cover my sister Deb embroidered for me...


Here's a great picture of Joanne and Ron...

Sister Deb on the left embroidered the Featherweight COVER...Ronda in the middle didn't actually give me a damned thing (well, the party was postponed, so I'm still hopeful)...and Joanne on the right sent the FW Mat..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment