Saturday, May 30, 2020

1 800 GOT JUNK

Sorry this post didn't go up this morning...Friday nights get kinda busy around here. I pick up the kids, and we usually have a movie night. Last night, we started to binge watch the Amazon series, UPLOAD...

We are into it six or seven episodes so far....and I can't believe this show. It's about having a "digital afterlife".

Also -- I've been getting ready for THE NEXT BIG THING in my life.

On Tuesday morning -- this truck will be pulling into my yard...
I've often seen these trucks -- but I never really thought about them much. Here's what I know...it's a nationwide franchised business. You can check their website to find the closest one.  You BOOK a time -- and they come to your house, assess the amount of "junk", give you a price -- then the two capable employees will load ALL YOUR JUNK INTO THEIR TRUCK AND TAKE IT AWAY...

The price depends on how much of your stuff fills their truck.  They give you a price before they start the job...and there are never any extra fees.  They will handle old appliances, stoves, refrigerators, bicycles, toys, building debris, books, clothes, excess furniture -- whatever you have..these two strong workers will load it up and haul it away.  (and I have ALL OF THE ABOVE)...

At their center, they sort and recycle everything.  Sometimes, they resell the big stuff -- but mostly, they donate things to local charities, Goodwill or Salvation Army.  And, of course, they take what's left to the landfill.  You don't pay any extra fees after they leave your house...

So, here's my plan -- there will be a pile in the yard...then, I will take them down to my basement, point and say THIS ALL GOES.... 

According to the website, their two "happy and healthy"  employees would cheerfully move everything into their great big truck...and SWEEP THE ROOM on their way out the door.

So -- I'm gonna be busy....and hope to give you a full report on WEDNESDAY...

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I always feel as if the house has 'lost weight' and can breathe better when we get rid of a pile of stuff! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete