Saturday, October 1, 2011

You are Kind...and Smart....and Important

During their Labor Day visit -- I realized Lillian has already developed her own sense of style. She carefully selected a green robe with a monkey applique on the pocket, a purple plastic purse for her little pony collection -- and a pair of white moon boots that sparkle when she walks in them...(it was 90 degrees outside)...

Once she decided on her look -- she didn't want to change clothes...EVER AGAIN...
She loves books...Sophie is never far from her side...we giggled a lot...and played...

At some point -- she came into my "puzzle room" to see what I was doing. Please note my necklace. Emily and Lilly were shopping and she picked it out for me. Lilly worried very time I wasn't wearing it....

After watching the wonderful movie -- The Help -- I have decided that every time I hold a child in my lap, I'm going to say the words, "You are kind....you are smart...you are important..."

You never know when the words you say will be remembered by a child...and I want those words to be what Lillian remembers...

You are kind, you are smart, you are important...

Thanks, Kathryn Stockett and Aibileen....(and Linda --)

No comments:

Post a Comment