Friday, October 28, 2011

The Project Runway Winner

Okay -- maybe I shouldn't be blogging about the Project Runway Finale. Because the truth is -- I kept dozing off...

Come to think of it -- that could be part of the problem...

At the end of a fairly boring hour and a half...I watched Kimberly, Joshua, Viktor and Anya present their collections.

When Heidi said, "There are no losers here today. But only one of you can be the winner..." I thought Viktor was going to get the win. His printed garments were fabulous -- the t-shirt with the glass pieces hanging all over -- and the white jacket he made will be one of the "most memorable" garments EVER.

But, NOOOOO...I was wrong. Viktor was actually the second one to be called "out".

So then I knew the winner would be Joshua. Anya sent ten caftans with plunging necklines and raw hems down the runway. For crying out loud -- Anya can't possibly win this thing...

Joshua's collection had the look they always go for...and his use of plastics and neoprene was interesting...and he did edit his bedazzling.

AND THE WINNER IS.....

Anya.

Holly Cow.

I can't be a hater though -- because Anya is, without a doubt, the nicest person who was ever cast on Project Runway. There was a crazy moment backstage, right before the Runway show -- when Kimberly couldn't find her kit...she had no needle and thread...no pins...nothing. And even though Anya was also crazy with her last minute details -- she was aware of Kimberly's meltdown -- and went over to give her whatever she needed out of her kit.

So Anya wins. And I'm thinking if I add a turtleneck -- I just might like wearing one of Anya's caftans...

No comments:

Post a Comment