Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Marvelous Missoni

Yes, I know you are sick of hearing about it. MY MARVELOUS MISSONI...But sorry, that won't stop me from writing about it....again...

Thank-you, Target, for bringing a little Missoni into my life. It was so much fun to go to the store on Missoni LAUNCH day. Kim took this picture of me in Clinton, Iowa -- with a Missoni hat on my head, holding a Missoni umbrella, and wearing a Missoni scarf...

I had all these things in my cart.

I simply PICKED UP EVERYTHING -- and didn't worry about the editing until I saw what my choices would be. The boots looked incredible...and they actually had MY SIZE...

At the end of my Missoni adventure -- I didn't buy the boots. And I didn't buy the bicycle. Mostly because I remembered I don't wear boots -- they're too heavy to pack into a suitcase -- and, oh yeah -- I'm too fat to ride a bicycle, and I have NO PLACE IN MY HOUSE to keep a bicycle...

But you can clearly see that it was a big job to talk myself OUT of buying the boots and the bicycle...

I also did not buy any clothes. Mostly because they were sized VERY SMALL -- and also -- I am not a fan of acrylic fabric...

But I was wrong. This stuff is going for a fortune on ebay. Remember, Mary Mulari bought this little stash for me at her local Target -- so I got the black & white round rug. WHICH I LOVE... As well as the neck pillow that is meant to match my very favorite piece of Missoni...

And I am SO GLAD I bought it...my fabulous Missoni carry-on suitcase...it was $89. And I did hesitate. Mostly because I already own a dozen carry-on bags...

But I am SO HAPPY I have it. This bag is selling on Ebay for over $200. But I will never sell my Missoni...I just love it too much.

However -- if it doesn't work out as a carry-on suitcase -- I might repurpose it as a coffeetable...

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm....I don't see.....does the carry-on say R I T A on the OTHER side?? :P

    ~Beckie :o)

    ReplyDelete