Wednesday, October 12, 2011

St. Louis/Ritaluck

During the cold war -- my husband John was on submarines. Every-other-year, we attend the Haddo reunion. This year it was in St. Louis, Missouri...

John is not in this picture -- but you get the idea. This is the "commissioning crew" for the Haddo. The guys come from all over the country for this reunion. And we "wives" get to know each other in the hospitality room...(there will be future posts, I promise...)

So, there I am, settling into a hotel room in St. Louis -- when Mary Mulari calls my cellphone to tell me she just landed IN ST. LOUIS -- because she has an ASG presentation the next day. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

I was only five minutes away from the airport -- so I went to pick her up...

As you know -- we spend A LOT OF TIME TOGETHER in airports -- but this really seemed like a random coincidence. In her hotel room, I took a mirror shot of the two of us...then we did a little thrift store shopping (I'd been in town for 3 days already)...


On Saturday, I bounced over to Mary's hotel to take a few pictures of her presentation...


The St. Louis ASG TURNED OUT for their Mary Mulari event!! As per usual, she was a BIG HIT!! And I've gotta say -- the outfits were VERY COMPETITIVE...I loved these artistic jackets so much, I lined them up for a group photo...

I recognized this jacket -- and the artist told me she made it at a Baby Lock educational event.

I think her instructor (Linda? or Pam? maybe Dianne?) would be VERY PROUD...

You're gonna see a lot more about St. Louis. WE HAD A BALL THERE...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment