Friday, October 14, 2011

Cincinnati Airport

It has been a VERY BUSY FALL. With a lot of exciting travel. Mary Mulari and I were doing our Ya Ya gig in Cincinnati...(I realize this picture at the Reno hotel...but just work with me here...)

And my first big surprise was that the Cincinnati airport is not in Cincinnati. It's not even in Ohio. It's actually in Hebron, Kentucky...

Who knew??

I was particularly impressed with the stunning mosiacs hanging all over the terminal. They were HUGE...depicting industries that put Cincinnati on the map...

These murals used to hang in the train station -- Union Terminal. They were relocated to the airport in 1973...

It is a lovely airport in every way....but, sadly, with not enough traffic nowadays. Since Delta merged with NWA...they quit using Cincinnati as a hub. They've already closed one terminal...

It's hard to come up with a good use for an empty airline terminal. But I'm thinking maybe they should turn it into an art gallery??

Because they're already off to a good start...and somebody did a heckuva lot of work...

I loved, loved, loved my visit to Cincinnati. Thanks to everybody who came to see the Midwest Ya Ya sisters at the Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expo...

YOU WERE AN AWESOME audience...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment