Saturday, July 9, 2011

My latest recycling obsession...

Here's a confession. I LOVE TO BUY new bathroom towels. Consequently, I find myself with a large supply of "B" towels. And what can I do with 20 faded forlorn towels?

THEN -- I found this Dora the Explorer swim cover-up at the Goodwill store. WHAT A GREAT IDEA!! I'll use my towels to make swim cover-ups for all my little people...

To get a better idea about the "sizes" -- I tried Dora on my 18-month old grand-nephew Clayton. It was a little long on him...so now I'm getting a good idea of how big my cover-ups need to be...

When Clayton suddenly realized, 'THIS THING IS PINK!!"....I couldn't believe how fast he took it off!!

I start laughing all over again, just looking at the picture...

Anyway -- with my newly discovered stash of terry towels -- and my old faithful stash of t-shirts -- I'm thinking it might be fun to simply cut around a neck...hummm...maybe some t-shirt fringe?? JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE WHAT I MADE...

Oh, yeah -- this is gonna be fun....cuz I know A LOT OF LITTLE PEOPLE...

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe there is enough fringe in this world. Can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete