Tuesday, July 26, 2011

60's Music, Girls' Night Out!

Sometimes, my spur-of-the-moment events turn out great. (I don't write about those that don't)...

As soon as I read about "Four-Play" -- I realized my sister Deb's granddaughters would be the PERFECT victims...I mean, "guests"... AND, as Ritaluck would have it -- Ally (14), who lives in Tennessee, was visiting Lexi (12) who lives here. I AM SO EXCITED...

Circa 21 is a wonderful professional dinner-theater in Rock Island, Illinois. The singing wait staff -- the "Bootleggers" -- sometimes put on shows of their own. "Four-Play" was basically a concert at the Speakeasy. Four bootleggers singing the music of Janis Joplin, Carly Simon, Carole King and Joan Baez. OMG. These are my people...


You might remember Ally and Lexi from Deb's "girls trip" to New York City. This is a picture of Lexi and Ally at the American Girl store -- December 2009...


And this is a picture of Ally and Lexi -- July 2011 -- going on an Aunt Rita Adventure...



TIME FLIES, eh?

Lexi will be in the 7th grade this year, and Ally in the 9th. Remember the 7th grade? Starting Jr. High is pretty scary. And your Freshman year in High School is always a terrifying moment.

And I have this unbelievable opportunity to spend a whole evening with these two beautiful girls....at this exciting time in their lives...

They were, without a doubt, the youngest people in the room. (if you don't count the crying infant in the first row).

As we were waiting for the concert of my beloved 60's music to begin -- it suddenly dawned on me that to these two girls -- this evening would be exactly like my Aunt Glad taking me to a concert of tunes from WW I....

What could possibly go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment