Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Family Reputation

When my niece Kelcy gave birth to her second child -- Myla Joyce -- there were, of course, a few early fussy moments in the hospital.

Andy, the optimistic soldier/husband/Daddy, did everything he could -- delivering food and-- well -- lots of important other things...

The day his sister was being born, Mason was playing at my house...completely oblivious to how much his quiet, perfect life had changed....

Myla Joyce is the most beautiful baby you will ever see...

But on my most recent visit, Kelcy said, "she only does three things, Aunt Rita. She sleeps, she eats and she cries..."

Remember those days? Wow. When Kelcy said that, it took me back...all those sleepless nights. The frustration of not being able to quiet or calm your baby...

At one point, Andy said, "I think she is the fussiest baby in the world." And my sister Deena replied, "in this family, she'll have to go some to get that title. But she's definitely off to a good start."

For the record -- my son ELLIOTT holds that family title.

1 comment: