Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My airport post...

I was hoping to post some "live" stuff from Puyallup -- but it JUST DIDN'T WORK OUT. For a lot of reasons. Mostly, because I couldn't sit down long enough to turn my computer on...

YIKES.

The show was amazing.

I cannot begin to think about all the great big THANK YOU'S I want to send out there in cyberspace...

Mostly, THANKS to YOU. The attendees...the Expo Fans...

YOU ARE A DETERMINED GROUP OF GIRLS...

The weather is obviously not a factor...there were some raincoats, some umbrellas -- whatever it took.

The teachers come from all over the world...the classes were well attended and the special events this year ROCKED THE HOUSE. Nancy Zieman was sooo funny -- and I loved the perspective we got from her 28 years of doing "Sewing With Nancy". The next day, I must have had 200 people stop me to tell me what a great time they had. Hey -- ME TOO!! That was a very special night.

And having Ricky Tims for our Quilter's Night Out was a unique thrill. He said the Grand Piano Janet rented for him was one of his top 5 pianos for any concert he's done (that includes Africa and Dubai). He was everything we'd heard -- and more. If you missed it, I am sooo sorry. It was truly an inspirational evening.
***********

Mary Mulari & I had one day after the show to spend with Gail Brown. We LOVED STAYING AT HER CONDO -- and ate down on the beautiful Tacoma waterfront every chance we got. Monday we got a tour of IKEA (another post?)...

Tuesday -- we got up at 4:00 AM to finish packing our bags so we could get to the airport for Mary's 7:00 AM flight. My flight is at 11:00 -- so I had a few minutes to write this blog. (Hey -- I don't get home until 10:00 PM...these are lousy connections!!)

THANK YOU SEATAC for free "wireless". Here's a picture of my temporary office set-up at Gate A-8. You rock, SeaTac...

As I type this -- it is 9:00 AM on Tuesday morning...my plan is for it to actually "post" on Wednesday. And if things go right -- I'll be sleeping in my own bed when you are reading it. I'm pretty sure I will be passed out in a 3-day coma. That's my plan.

HEY -- I took almost 1500 pictures -- and once I get home (and have the CORD) -- I will be posting about the 2011 Sewing & Stitchery Expo!!

So -- THANKS AGAIN FOR COMING -- and be sure to send me YOUR EXPO STORIES...

My email is: ritafar@aol.com

1 comment:

  1. My friends and I always have a blast at Sew Expo and we are locals. One of my friends was the "Z" person that got the personalized napkin and THEN she won Nancy's prototype machine needle pincushion which she so nicely shared with me.

    Thanks for a super fun time. sue j.

    ReplyDelete