Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Frilly Dino shirts

During my recent thrifting adventures -- I was on the prowl for "dinosaur shirts". My only rule is that I won't pay more than $1. Of course, they are ALL LITTLE BOY shirts. so my mission is to "girly them up". Remember??


How much fun is this?? For this shirt, I added a zebra print cuff on the sleeves and a little bit of a gathered lower edge...you'll see the orange band on a later shirt pic...

For this green shirt -- I added a zebra ruffle around the neck, and a band at the lower hem...

One of my favs -- here, I cut off the existing neck ribbing and serged on a new little leopard mock turtleneck. Then, I sewed a new bottom -- adding the orange that I cut off from the first shirt...and, of course, a leopard band as well to bring it together.

Shocking -- MORE ZEBRA PRINT....you know how it tones everything down!!


Although it doesn't look like it in this pic -- the vertical zebra is actually a "ruffle". I love it!

AND I'm hoping for some pictures from Emily with Lillian and her friends wearing their new girly-dino-shirts!!

In the meantime, my NEW mission is to do some reverse-dino-shirts. This time, I bought little girl shirts -- which already have the ruffles and trims. THEN, I'll cut up some dino shirts (which are the wrong size) -- and just applique or iron the dinosaurs on the front...

Yes, I know. It has become an obsession...

No comments:

Post a Comment