Monday, October 4, 2010

Deborah's Hobbies

I don't know if it is possible for a woman to have TOO MANY HOBBIES...

But, I've gotta say -- my sister Deb is pushing it...

She loves to bake -- and whenever she visits Iowa -- I get invited to a 'sisters breakfast" which includes homemade cinnamon rolls...yummo...

AND YOU KNOW what a nut she is about machine embroidery!! This is the back of her latest denim jacket....she used her Jenny Haskins designs...


AND, of course -- SHE ADORES HER 1937 Chevy Coupe!! Here, with her husband Rod...the hobby they do together is to restore vintage cars and go to Car Shows...they are both so fussy and detail-oriented -- their cars are meticulously restored and maintained...

Because, as it turns out, DEB never gets tired of machine embroidery -- she INSISTED I give her some plain jackets so she could embellish them for next year's Expo. So, of course -- I quickly delivered a BUNCH of plain jackets. Four days later, she called to tell me she already finished the first one and is sending it back...

OH MY GOD. She has always been an over-achiever. Somebody, someplace, might be having more fun than Deb -- BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT WOULD BE POSSIBLE...

No comments:

Post a Comment