Saturday, August 31, 2019

SONGLAND...

I watch a lot of television. (duh!)

And thanks to Lilly -- I listen to a lot of current music.

Although, with young people -- things move at WARP speed...it's really hard to keep up.

Just as I was all full of myself because I could recognize a Billie Eilish song when it came on the radio -- Lilly is OVER IT.

Billie Eilish doesn't know it yet -- but she is on the has-been train, along with Miley Cyrus and the sisters from the Frozen movie...which means only "little kids" can like them...

This summer, one of our favorite shows was SONGLAND.  It was so interesting to see young songwriters come on the show, and pitch their songs to recording artists...

Last week, the band Old Dominion came on the show to find a new song for a JEEP commercial.

It was absolutely fascinating to watch the progression of this song.  From the initial inspiration of the young songwriter...it morphed into an anthem for JEEP...

 I LOVE THIS SONG...and the commercial is so good -- I wanna buy a JEEP...!!

2 comments:

  1. I like this Show too! My Son by love has a Jeep. So I don't need one. Cute commercial.

    ReplyDelete