Monday, August 12, 2019

Elliott's Birthday Dinner

Lilly is 10 and Warren is 6. And, at some point, they have actually become GOOD HELP.

And, as it turns out -- this development came at JUST THE RIGHT MOMENT...

Because I am old. And fairly disorganized. And, badly in need of a nap...

So, it's July 8 -- Elliott's birthday. Of course, the rule is you get to eat your favorite food on your birthday...
For Elliott -- that always means THE FIRST PESTO of the year!! Yummo...
I got up early that day to pick the basil. I triple-washed it, and had it rolled up in a towel, all ready to go. Lilly had baked the cake earlier (it was in the freezer).  I picked up the kids so they could help me get ready for their Dad's party.

Although they often "help me" -- this year, THEY REALLY WERE HELPFUL..!!

We went to the Dollar Store to buy some decorations, candles for the cake, etc.

When we got back to the house, Warren helped me make the peanut butter frosting for the Farro Family Birthday cake...

Lilly went out on the porch to decorate...then, she made five or six trips out there, setting the table.  Warren folded the napkins...and Lilly even made placecards for everybody.
Lil
I didn't get a picture of Elliott on his birthday!!  But the kids enjoyed the meal they helped make...
I also forgot to take a picture of the beautiful decorating job Lilly did.  But -- here's the DAY AFTER...
Everybody had a placecard --
She surprised me by making my placecard a special work of art..

No comments:

Post a Comment