Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Our Day at Kelcy's House

The summer IS ALMOST OVER..!! How is that possible?? Everybody is scrambling to do those last-minute summer vacations and activities..and before you know it, the kids will be BACK IN SCHOOL.

My niece Kelcy moved into a beautiful new home last spring. She has four kids -- and a great swimming pool -- and, every week, I think we're going to go there to get a tour of the house, go swimming, spend a little time with her clan...I have a beautiful set of Ralph Lauren king-size sheets for her bed as a housewarming gift...

But -- TIME FLIES -- and every time we made plans, something happened. Then, Kelcy went to work full time -- so now there's a babysitter at the house.

Last week, I realized Kelcy's family is leaving for vacation for a week. Ugh. Okay -- I JUST NEED TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN. None of these kids will have a memory if we don't DO THE THING I WANT THEM TO REMEMBER...double ugh..

So, it was decided that on Thursday -- we'd spend some time with the kids and their babysitter...lol...
Dawson is her youngest. And when he said, "how do you know my name?" I knew, FOR SURE, that I hadn't been spending enough time with Kelcy's kids...
They LOVED the swimming part of the day!!
Rachel, the babysitter, watched them swim while I was inside making lunch.
Dawson, my capable assistant, would rather cook than swim.
Really!
He Tom Sawyered Aspen into watching his pizza sizzle...
The kids got out of the pool to come in for lunch. I made Daddy's Noodles (our classic lunch dish), with some kielbasa, watermelon and Dawson's pizza. After lunch, we did some table games. Bingo is always a favorite. We also showed them how to play PIT (a wonderful farm trading game I thought they should take with them on vacation.)

The big Finale was A SCAVENGER HUNT..!!  This is the girls team...
The boys team will be Warren, Dawson and me.
Of course, we never had a chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment